11:00 – 11:30 Registration
11:30 – 12:00 Lunch & Announcements
12:00 – 1:00 Keynote Session
6232 Havelock Avenue
Program Registration Fee: LHRMA members—$15
All Other Attendees—$25
College Student Chapter Members—FREE (must register with Jenessa Keiser, College Relations Chair)
MENU: Pizza Buffet and Drinks.
DEADLINE: Register or cancel your registration by: Noon, Friday, October 10th.
REMINDER: There is a $10 fee for late registrations and for no-shows. This $10 fee is in addition to the regular registration fee. Please try your hardest to register on time, as late registrations and no-shows make it difficult on everyone involved.
About our Program:
Social media continues to change the way the world communicates and collaborates. Join Gail S. Perry, Managing Partner at Baylor Evnen, Randy Hawthorne, Executive Director of Nonprofit Hub of Firespring and Susan Merwick, Workplace Consultant/Account Manager for Continuum EAP who will give us insight on the benefits and risks of social media in today’s workplace. In this session, the panel will share information on topics such as:
- New social media issues that HR needs to be aware of
- How social media is impacting communication in the workplace
- How you can protect your employment brand using social media
- Can social media be used to increase employee engagement in your organizations?
- When an employee becomes out of control on social media, what disciplinary action do you take?
- If your workplace is on social media lock down, how do you regulate mobile usage?; and, if you found someone had posted during work time from a personal mobile device, how should it be addressed?
- Most HR professionals are extremely busy and fear the use of social media will be time consuming. What is recommended as a starting point that takes the least time out of an already busy schedule, but delivers bang for the buck?
- How can social media help save you time or provide you with resources in your role as an HR practitioner
Take home a sample social media policy and get your most pressing social media questions answered in this interactive session. Register today!