- LHRMA pays the SHRM Chapter ($100 advisor rate) and LHRMA Chapter ($50) dues for the student chapter advisors. Advisors must submit the application or renewal form to LHRMA indicating they are a current chapter advisor and are eligible for the reduced advisor rate; this is not an automatic process.
- LHRMA will provide an annual donation of $250 to each SHRM Student Chapter upon receipt of their written chapter goals and plans for the school year. The intent of the donation is to provide student chapters “extra” funds to use for monthly LHRMA meeting attendance, conferences, incentives for their own monthly meetings, etc.
- Each SHRM Student Chapter President and one other student member may attend LHRMA meetings for FREE; however they must register for the meetings in advance by following the registration guidelines. Register online or email firstname.lastname@example.org by the registration deadline. If a Student Chapter President or another student member attends a LHRMA workshop, they pay only $15.00.
- Each SHRM Student Chapter President and Advisor will receive monthly e-mailed meeting notices announcing upcoming LHRMA meetings. At the beginning of the school year, student chapter advisors should report the name of their new Student Chapter President to the College Relations Chair.
- Scholarships available:
- UNL – $500
Richard Bourne Scholarship, review applications in March. Applications available from Student Chapter Advisor or UNL career services office.
- NWU – $500
Dr. LaVerne C. Rudell Scholarship, review applications in March. Applications available from Student Chapter Advisor or at lincolnhr.org.
- Doane – Crete – $500
M. David Osterhout Human Relations Scholarship, review applications in March. Applications available from Student Chapter Advisor or at lincolnhr.org.
- UNL – $500
- Student chapter advisors and the College Relations Chair will notify the students when it is time to apply for the scholarships. Recipients do not receive the scholarship check; all checks are mailed directly to the school in the student’s name and will be applied toward tuition and books.
- February is designated as Student Chapter Recognition Month. All student chapter presidents, advisors, and other student chapter members should attend the LHRMA meeting. All attendees must register for the meeting online or email email@example.com. Student chapter presidents and one other student member can attend the meeting for FREE. Each Student Chapter can reserve a table to display the various SHRM Student Chapter activities and events taking place on campus. Please make arrangements with the College Relations Chair to reserve a table.
- Student resumes will be made available to all LHRMA members at the LHRMA meeting in February. Resumes may be submitted at any time throughout the school year and are available to the LHRMA membership electronically. Resumes will only be kept for the current school year; new resumes will need to be submitted every year.