SHRM Certification Online Tutorial Pathway
The new SHRM credentials, the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), reflect the expanding role of today’s HR professional.
If you are a current holder of an HR generalist certification* in good standing and you obtained your certification by January 31, 2015, you are eligible for SHRM’s new certification – at no cost – by completing the online tutorial pathway described in the steps below by December 31, 2015.
1. Visit shrmcertification.org/pathway
2. Create an account and select “Online tutorial Pathway.”
3. Affirm that you hold a valid HR credential.
4. Enter Current Certification Details: certification name, issue date and expiration date.
5. Agree to abide by the SHRM Code of Ethics.
6. Access and complete the Online Tutorial via the link sent to your e-mail.
7. Receive your SHRM credential once you complete the pathway process, and begin a three-year recertification cycle. For up-to-date details on recertification, visit. shrmcertification.org/recertification.
You will not lose or have to give up any of your current credentials in order to obtain the new SHRM certification. Any professionals who did not obtain a generalist certification by January 31, 2015, will not be eligible for the online tutorial pathway and instead can take the SHRM certification exam during the spring or winter exam window.
*Eligible HR generalist certification programs include: PHR, SPHR, GPHR, HRBP, HRMP and IPMA-CP.
PHR, SPHR, GPHR, HRBP and HRMP are registered trademarks of the HR Certification Institute and are not SHRM certifications. SHRM has no rights to the “IPMA” trademark, and IPMA-CP is not a SHRM certification. Other HR generalist credentials may also qualify based on SHRM’s review.
Amy, thanks for this info. Do you know what the cost is if people don’t comply by December 31?
If you are currently certified and don’t get your SHRM certification by December 31, 2015. You have to take the Exam so the cost would be $300 to $400.
Plus you have to study again. Ugh!