Wage and Hour Developments and Best Practices for 2024
Join Labor and Employment attorneys Tara Stingley and Cristin McGarry for this complimentary interactive webinar as they identify legal developments in the area of wage and hour compliance and the status of the U.S. Department of Labor’s propose changes to the white-collar exemptions.
As common wage and hour issues are identified, we also will test your knowledge in discussing best employment practices regarding:
- Differentiating between employees and independent contractors under the DOL’s new proposed rule;
- Proper classification of exempt versus nonexempt employees under the FLSA;
- Tracking and calculating compensable time for employees;
- The FLSA’s approach on travel time, on-call time, meals, and rest periods;
- Distinguishing between discretionary and non-discretionary bonuses and the effect on calculating the regular rate of pay and overtime wages; and
- Developments on minimum wage obligations.
Registration & Ticket Information: