The Community Outreach Committee works to enhance and promote LHRMA members’ community involvement through networking and volunteer opportunities.
- Identify community outreach opportunities
- Recruit LHRMA members for outreach projects and coordinate their participation
- Attend membership committee meetings
- The Lincoln Community Action Program works in partnership with motivated low-income families in Lancaster and Saunders counties to pursue their mission of increasing quality of life and economic self-sufficiency.
- The ADA Home Page includes services offered to businesses on subjects such as ADA regulations, technical assistance and enforcement.
- AARP is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to addressing the needs and interests of person 50 and older. This site contains information on education and volunteer opportunities.
- Lincoln Commission on Human Rights
- Nebraska Commission for the Deaf and the Hard of Hearing
- Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
RELATED LOCAL COMMUNITY CENTERS
- Hispanic Community Center | 2300 O Street, Lincoln, NE 68510 | 402-474-3950
- Asian Community & Cultural Center | 2635 ‘O’ Street, Suite A, Lincoln, NE 68510 | 402-477-3446
- Indian Center | 1100 Military Road, Lincoln, NE 68508 | 402-438-5231
- Lincoln Area Agency on Aging | 1005 “O” Street, Lincoln, NE 68508| 402-441-7070
- Malone Community Center | 2032 U Street Lincoln, NE 68503 | 402-474-1110
- Faces of the Middle East | Lincoln Interfaith Council 140 S. 27th St. Suite A, Lincoln, NE 68510 | 402-476-6223
- African Community and Cultural Center | 1225 F St. Lincoln, NE 68508 | 402-477-6926
- State Refugee Resettlement Center | 301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, NE | 68509 402-471-9200
Angela Caldwell – Committee Chair
CONTACT THE COMMITTEE CHAIR:
Are you interested in volunteering on the Community Outreach Committee?
Please contact Community Outreach Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org