The Government Relations Committee is responsible for keeping abreast of legislation that affects human resource issues on a national, state, and local level. They keep LHRMA apprised of relevant state and national legislative issues, make recommendations to the LHRMA Board, write letters, testify on behalf of LHRMA, or take other appropriate action based on LHRMA’s position.
- Provide legislative affairs reports to members at chapter meetings.
- Maintain contact with state legislators and members of Congress.
- Monitor state and local government activities and provide timely information on public policy issues to his/her chapter president, chapter members, and the State Legislative Affairs Director.
- Initiate action in response to SHRM legislative alerts.
- Issue legislative alerts to members on state and local issues.
- Work in close cooperation with the State Legislative Affairs Director, Area Legislative Affairs Director, and the SHRM National headquarters staff.
- Monitored the introduction of the legislative bills from the 104th Legislative session and prepared a summary for members, which was posted on the LHRMA website.
- Selected bill hearings were monitored by committee members.
- Posted updates of the bill progress provided by the State Legislative Director throughout the legislative session.
- Provided legislative updates at monthly chapter meetings.
- Prepared a newsletter article to summarize the impact of the 2015 Legislative session.
STATE AND FEDERAL LEGISLATION UPDATES:
Click below for full summaries of the employment-related bills:
- February 20, 2019
- February 6, 2019
- January 30, 2019
- January 15, 2019
- October 15, 2018
- July 30, 2018
- July 03, 2018
- May 24, 2018
- April 6, 2018
- March 16, 2018 Update
- March 9, 2018 Update
- February 9, 2018 Update
- February 2, 2018 Update
- December 20, 2017 Update
- December 7, 2017 Update
- November 13, 2017 Update
- October 5, 2017 Update
- September 22, 2017 Update
- September 1, 2017 Update
- June 29, 2017 Update (Legislative Update)
- May 25, 2017 Update (last State Update of the 2017 session)
- May 15, 2017 Update
- May 5, 2017 Update
- April 21, 2017 Update
- April 13, 2017 Update
- April 6, 2017 Update
- March 23, 2017 Update
- March 17, 2017 Update
- March 12, 2017 Update
- March 2, 2017 Update
- Bill Tracker
- Find Your Senator
- Glossary of Legislative Terms
- Lawmaking in Nebraska
- Make Your Voice Heard!
- Search Bills & Resolutions
- Tips for Meeting Your Senator
- Write to Congress
- Watch state legislative committee hearings live
- Watch state legislative sessions live
Members of the Government Relations Committee assist with reviewing introduced legislation, prepare bill summaries, monitor and summarize state bill hearings, write letters to elected representatives about the potential impact of proposed legislation and attend committee meetings during the legislative season. Government Relations Committee members:
CONTACT THE COMMITTEE CHAIR:
Are you interested in volunteering on the Government Relations Committee?
Do you have questions about legislation?
Contact the Government Relations Chair at email@example.com.