The President-Elect is responsible for keeping abreast of legislation that affects human resource issues on a national, state, and local level. The President-Elect keeps LHRMA apprised of relevant state and national legislative issues, makes recommendations to the LHRMA Board, writes letters, testifies on behalf of LHRMA, or takes other appropriate action based on LHRMA’s position.
- Provide legislative affairs reports to members at chapter meetings.
- Maintain contact with state legislators and members of Congress.
- Monitor state and local government activities and provide timely information on public policy issues to his/her chapter president, chapter members, and the State Legislative Affairs Director.
- Initiate action in response to SHRM legislative alerts.
- Issue legislative alerts to members on state and local issues.
- Work in close cooperation with the State Legislative Affairs Director, Area Legislative Affairs Director, and the SHRM National headquarters staff.
STATE AND FEDERAL LEGISLATION UPDATES:
Click below for full summaries of the employment-related bills:
- October 15, 2018
- July 30, 2018
- July 03, 2018
- May 24, 2018
- April 6, 2018
- March 16, 2018 Update
- March 9, 2018 Update
- February 9, 2018 Update
- February 2, 2018 Update
- Bill Tracker
- Find Your Senator
- Glossary of Legislative Terms
- Lawmaking in Nebraska
- Make Your Voice Heard!
- Search Bills & Resolutions
- Tips for Meeting Your Senator
- Write to Congress
- Watch state legislative committee hearings live
- Watch state legislative sessions live
CONTACT THE PRESIDENT-ELECT:
Are you interested in working with the President-Elect on pending legislation?
Do you have questions about legislation?
Contact the President-Elect at firstname.lastname@example.org.