The College Relations Committee provides assistance to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Doane College – Crete, and Nebraska Wesleyan SHRM affiliated student chapters. The committee coordinates presentations and other activities with student chapters. Members host students at LHRMA meetings and provide chapter assistance as needed throughout the year.
- Serve as LHRMA’s College Relations liaison to local SHRM Student Chapters.
- Communicate with local college chapters regarding SHRM membership benefits, LHRMA activities, SHRM Student Regional Conferences, etc.
- Provide assistance to student chapters in completing chapter goals/objectives.
- Attend student chapter meetings as needed.
- Coordinate student LHRMA meeting attendance and membership.
- Assist with recruitment efforts to establish student chapters at each college and/or recruitment of additional members for student chapters.
- Coordinate with student chapters to provide discussions on HR topics, LHRMA, SHRM membership, SHRM student chapter guidelines, etc.
- Act as a mentor to college students seeking a career in HR.
- Evaluate scholarship applications and recommend recipients.
- Participate in SHRM College Relations Core Leadership Area conference calls and webcasts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.
- Mentor Guide
- College Relations Student Chapter Contacts
- LHRMA Student Chapter Guidelines
- College Relations Policies and Procedures
- SHRM Student Programs Resources
- SHRM Student Chapter Resource Center
- SHRM Become a Student Member
- Scholarship Application
- SHRM Assurance of Learning Test Information
Members of the College Relations Committee can provide a variety of assistance throughout the year, including:
- Setting up speakers or company tours for student chapters as requested, including presenting if needed.
- Host students attending LHRMA chapter meetings.
- Assist College Relations Chair with other responsibilities listed above as requested.
CONTACT THE COMMITTEE CHAIR:
Are you interested in volunteering on the College Relations Committee?
Do you have questions we can help with?
Contact the College Relations Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.