- LB 62 Eliminate Prohibition on Teachers wearing religious garb – presented to the Governor on March 23, 2017
- LB 203 Change Provisions relating to maximum annual unemployment benefits and disqualification for benefits – presented to the Governor on March 23, 2017
- On March 6, the Senate passed a Congressional Review Act resolution of disapproval to invalidate DOL’s “Blacklisting” rule by a vote of 51-46.
- On March 22, the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions held a hearing on the nomination of Alex Acosta to be Secretary or Labor. An Executive Session on the nomination is scheduled for March 30. Please read more here: http://www.jacksonlewis.com/publication/senate-help-committee-holds-confirmation-hearing-nominee-acosta-head-labor-department
- The Supreme Court ruled that the President’s Power to Make Temporary Appointments is Limited. Former NLRB Acting General Counsel Lafe Solomon’s continuing to serve as Acting NLRB General Counsel after President Obama nominated him to the GC position violated the Federal Vacancies Reform Act of 1998 the Supreme Court of the United States decided in a 6-2 decision on March 21, 2017. Please read more here: http://www.jacksonlewis.com/publication/supreme-court-rules-president-s-power-make-temporary-appointments-limited